Thursday, January 26, 2012

Color Stamping Book!!!

We just started focusing on color words in my class. I do the songs from Heidi Songs. We just moved into her second CD which has the color songs...my kids LOVE her music!! They are starting to ask me if I know personal questions about her which is funny and cute. So, I created a stamping book that has all the color words from the poem I LIKE HEARTS. You can download this song below, it's from Nellie Edge. We did an Interactive Writing lesson for this song! This will be a must read tomorrow at Daily 5 Time!
I made a little stamp book for color words. You can download below.
When stamping it really drives me crazy how messy it gets. I had stamps all over the place!!! I have tried the ice cube tray and some other ideas I have seen on Pinterest but nothing has worked. I finally had an AH HA moment. Last year I labeled this tool shelf for some of my magnetic letters. I love and use those small Avery labels on everything!!!! So you can see below I have letter labels in different fonts. I realized why don't I put my stamps in there too!!!!!! I think this will solve the problem!!
red dots vowels
Heart Poem I Like My Color Words Book Pink and White.cwk (DR)Yellow and Green.cwk (DR) Blue and Purple.cwk (DR) Red and Blank

16 comments:

  1. LOVE this! It's great practice with the color words :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute heart poem! I love your idea for storage for letters/stamps.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great for reinforcement for my kiddos! We hit colors really hard at the beginning of the year, but don't start color words until second quarter. I still have quite a few that need extra practice. Thanks for the freebies!

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to use the color words book for some extra practice in my classroom.
    Thanks!

    Sara
    http://littlelearningwonders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while since I have downloaded anything...but is scibd now charging to download or did I click on the wrong thing? I love your color stuff. I also love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! I'm just not going to download, because scribd is charging a fee. :(

    Keep up the great work!!

    Heather fryteachn5s@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! I love the idea of putting stamps in the toolbox. I have some magnetic letters in it, but never thought to put stamps in it. And I dislike stamps because it is always messy and out of order and everything. Thanks for the wonderful idea. I know what I will be working on TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "Heart Words" pages- what a fabulous center activity! Couldn't download though because I am not a Scribd member. Would you consider sharing them another way?

    Thanks!
    ~ Amy
    ahunt@narragansett.k12.ri.us

    ReplyDelete
  9. is there any way to download without being a member? I love these stamp colors for my pre k class!
    thank you and please advise
    e.ulibarri@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    I would LOVE to make this for my classroom! Where did you get the "toolbox?"

    Thanks!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer, I got it years ago but I think I got it at a hardware store. I think Home Depo probably has something like this. I would check the Container store too. I hope that helps! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I would like to print the poem and the color pages for my preK students for next week, but it takes me to a webpage called scribd. The webpage says these documents have been removed. Is there a way that you could send it to me or let me know how I can print the pages? Thanks, Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I would also love to print the poem and the color word book, if you are still around and it is available.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...